Monday, September 8, 2014

Review: Hask Macadamia Oil Hydrating Deep Conditioner with Keratin

As you know, I am still looking for the holy grail hair conditioner for my 4a hair. I have reactions to various ingredients: the ubiquitous "fragrance", parabens, possibly witch hazel. It's difficult to know what will create a "flare up," so I am testing all types of hair conditioners. I have such a dry scalp, that nothing has relieved it so far except avocado applied to the scalp as a pre-treatment. But I continue to try various products. So here is my breakdown for this item.

Product's Benefits

  • Repairs dry, damaged hair
  • Enriched with Keratin
  • Moisturizes hair

My Process

I used these products, in this order, with a rinse between each application:
  1. Free & Clear Shampoo
  2. Beyond the Zone Shock Therapy Extreme Clean Clarifying Treatment
  3. Hair One Hair Cleanser and Conditioner with Argan Oil only applied to the back
  4. Ovation Cell Therapy only applied to the front hairline, above the forehead.
  5. Free & Clear Conditioner

The RATING:

This was ok at conditioning. Very shiny curls, no itchiness. I had some flaking by the end of the week. There is a scent and as you know I am sensitive to fragrance. This one is pleasant and not too heavy and it does disappear. You won't smell it the next day or on your pillow.

If you are interested, my husband's feedback: "There's a nutty aspect to the scent that makes your general scent less earthy, more nutty."

In general, this product is great as a deep conditioner unless you have allergies to fragrances and have dry scalp and dandruff. If you are like me, you would need to apply a pre-shampoo treatment. This isn't the holy grail but it's nice. I probably won't stick with it, because there are other conditioners that worked better.

Ingredients:

Water/Eau(Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Lanolin, Quaternium-18, Macadama Ternifolia(Macadamia Nut) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Keratin(keratin Protein), Silk Amino Acids, Juglans Nigra(Black Walnut) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis(Jojoba) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Caramel, Yellow 5, Green 5, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance/Parfum

No comments:

Post a Comment